The purpose of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS) is to provide a professional organizational structure for Member Montessori Schools to:
- Encourage and promote standards of excellence and ethical business practices.
- Monitor and disseminate pertinent educational legislation information.
- Conduct a consolidated public relations program.
- Act as a catalyst for harmonious interaction between members and other educational organizations.
- Support best practices in Montessori education.
AIMS is an exciting way for your Montessori school to network with other schools. Benefits of membership include:
- A school listing in our school membership directory which is available to the public, other schools and teachers.
- Opportunities to liaison with other professional groups.
Participation in AIMS display ads.
- Establishing a network with other heads of schools to call on for support and advice.
- Opportunities to visit area Montessori Schools.
- Linking your school's website to the AIMS website.
- Workshops/Discussions of issues relevant to your school-personnel, benefits, enrollment, board, legal, administration and legislation.
- A school AIMS Membership Certificate to display.
- Access to the AIMS video collection.
- Access to AIMS members listserv.
American Montessori Society (AMS)
Seton Montessori Institute
5728 Virginia St.
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
Fax: (630) 654-0182
Midwest Montessori Teacher Training Center
926 Noyes St.
Evanston, IL 60201
(847) 276-0405 - Louise Kunnert
(847) 276-0404 - Michael Kunnert
Fax: (847) 680-4621
Montessori Heartland Teacher Training Center
2100 48th Street
Moline, IL 61265
Fax: (309) 764-8925
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Montessori Institute of Milwaukee
3195 S. Superior Street
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Fax: (414) 481-5164
Please be aware of changes to Illinois Educator Certification effective for the 2012-13 school year. See this write-up for details.
Visit Beacon Academy's website for the latest news on Chicago's first Montessori High School.