Director of Advancement - Brickton Montessori School
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in
communications, marketing, admissions and fundraising. This position reports to the Head of School
and supervises/collaborates with other professionals, support staff, faculty
- BA in communication, marketing, business,
education or educational administration preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the educational
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in communications,
marketing, admissions or fundraising preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Montessori education
- Believes in a strong collaborative approach to
planning and problem resolution.
- Involves appropriate constituents in the decision
making process and actions required to achieve goals.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is
able to meet deadlines with integrity and reliability, even under pressure.
- Analyzes data with discernment and attends to
detail to ensure data integrity.
- Communicates in a style that is informative,
inspirational and invitational.
- Builds strong interpersonal relationships with
potential and current parents, board members and colleagues.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Montessori philosophy
and child development.
- Manages all marketing and advertising of the
school to prospective families as well as managing all internal marketing for
- Serves as the primary liaison to prospective
parents relating to recruitment and enrollment.
- Ensures accurate and timely steps for admission
and advancement of students.
- Works in cooperation with Volunteer Coordinator,
board members and Head of School to plan and execute fundraising events.
- Promotes ongoing communication with current and
future parents through managing website, weekly newsletter and posts on social
- Collaborates with faculty/staff on communication
pieces to promote Montessori education, Brickton and independent schools.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary
requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission: We are a
community of learners working together to provide a Montessori education experience
that engages and inspires students to become life-long learners and responsible
participants in our diverse global community.
Brickton Montessori is an independent non-profit
school. We are fully accredited by the
American Montessori Society and the Independent School Association of the
Central States. We are a Recognized
School by the Illinois State Board of Education and licensed by the Department
of Children and Family Services.
Brickton Montessori School does not discriminate in their
educational programs, hiring, or activities on the basis of race, color,
ethnicity, sexual identity, age, religion, or ability or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Date: October 20, 2014